Website Principle Personnel Group
Talent. Opportunity. Community.
National Liquor Distributor seeking CDL Delivery Drivers for the South Bend location!
$25.00 Class A, $24.00 Class B
Full-time, permanent position offering robust benefit package upon completion of the probationary period.
Delivery Truck Drivers are engaged in all facets of the process. Qualified Drivers will be able and willing to load and deliver product to various establishments on a given route as well as interface with customers and collect non-cash payments. In some cases, the Driver may be required to unload at the destination and store delivered merchandise into customer’s inventory.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Conduct pre- and post-trip inspection, notating vehicle defects. Abides by the DOT hours of service rules and regulations for their license type.
• Deliver invoiced products by bottle, case, pallet, or hand-stack from the delivery truck and placing said merchandise into customer inventory
• Verify receipt of correct order with the customer by checking product type and size against the provided invoice, and, if necessary, obtain customer signature for goods received.
• Deliver to approximately 19 accounts daily. May deliver up to 30 accounts during times of increased account activity.
• Cover approximately 160 miles daily, miles occasionally increase anywhere from 200 to 300 miles during times of increased account activity or out of town routes.
• Ensure physical security of truck at all times
• The potential for dedicated overnight routes exists.
• Possibility to work with one or more helpers.
• Provide feedback to transportation management in terms of route changes or route concerns.
• May utilize a smartphone for interaction with hours of service (HOS) software and/or driver monitoring programs.
• Requires valid Class A CDL or Class B CDL driver’s license
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); at least two (2+) years’ of delivery experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Regularly lift up-to 50 pounds and occasionally move up to 100 pounds.
• Must have valid DOT medical certification card and file appropriately with state Motor Vehicle Department
• Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state